From the kitchen of Connie Putano. The shells and filling
can be made ahead of time. Fill the shells just before
|"When I was a kid I used to think the moon followed our car everywhere."
3 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oil
2 tsp lemon extract
1 c flour- add more until you can roll dough
Roll dough as thin as possible.
Use a round cutter.
Whip until light and fluffy:
1 c heavy cream
1 Hershey bar, grated
3 lb ricotta
1 c sugar
What I learned making Grandma Connie's cannoli... -Stephanie
- Add more flour, at least 1/2 c, maybe 1 c.
- Let dough rest 1 hour?? Research.
- Divide dough into 11 balls.
- Roll each ball out into a circle- this guarantees they are the same size and right
- Use a beaten egg to seal the dough.
- Use a candy thermometer to heat oil to 350.
- I used an entire bottle of oil. Watch the thermometer. The stove setting may need to
be lowered to maintain the 350.
- I had 2 lb (a 32 oz container) of ricotta, so I used 2/3 c heavy cream, 2 lb ricotta,
2/3 c sugar.